Thursday

Ink my whole body.


Is it just me, or does it seem as if everyone and their momma has a tattoo? My question is, since when has not having a tattoo deemed u different? for example...
This girl asked me if I had any. I politely said No. She then asked me, "for real,
why not?"...

Okay, not that I haven't toyed with the idea, in fact, I've even gotten as close to sitting in the chair (another story for another day). But I should be the one asking, why do you
have a tattoo.
"What message are u sending with it?"
"What made you do it?"
"what is it?"
"Did it hurt?"
"what happens when your 67?"

I feel tattoos are a form of self expression, but not
self. If you understand what Im saying. And i have no problem with them. I just feel sometimes people get them for the purpose of popularity and acceptance which i don't agree with, but if its you, do you. Im still thinking of getting one, but i just need to have all the right reasons for doing so. As for now, my ink stabs paper, not skin.

2 people left me some shugga!:

mellow yellow. said...

love this. i was actually thinking about writing about this as well. maybe it's the age, but i feel like 85% of my friends have gotten ink in the last year or so & now i'm different for NOT having one. i personally don't have a tattoo for a few reaons, the main one being that i haven't found anything important enough to display on my body forever. there is nothing in my life that i'm not satisfied experiencing simply an emotion or feeling and find it necessary to mark myself with. ALSO, i am constantly changing what i like and don't like, and know for a fact that my taste in music, clothing, and hobbies will change as i age..so how am i to be sure that my taste in symbols, phrases, and signs won't?

lols. but yeah..anyways..good article.

Anonymous said...

i thought about my tattoo for three years before i got it.
what message am i sending with it?
i chose this symbol for a reason. it constantly reminds me that there are always constant adjustments i cant make to better myself in life

what made me do it? nothing made me do it. it was something i wanted for myself that i chose to do because of constant adversities