Tuesday

Real Friends Respect Real Relationships.

Remember back in middle school and high school days when nighas used to clown their boys for goin wit a weird looking chick, or chicks used to clown their homegirls for goin wit a boy that was a geek or that couldn't dress. Yeah, you remember.

Nighas and chicks would drop you in a minute cuz their friends didn't approve. Shoot, matter fact, most of them never even gave you a chance because of those reasons.

That's what happened back then.

We cared.

Other peoples opinions mattered. Especially, your 'crew' cuz they were the main people you wanted to like you.

My question is.. does this still happen as we get older?

For some people, that 'care' for other peoples opinions went away. They grew their own opinions and used their own thoughts about someone to determine who they were with.

But for others, it's not as easy.
Maybe they really do wanna give so-and-so a chance. But the fact that their parents, their best friends, their brother, or even society itself doesn't approve keeps them from doing that.

Are you a 'some people' or an 'others' and why?
And why do you think the other group is the way they are.

WELL! I am an 'others'.
Its really really hard for me to go against the current sometimes. A lot of you may not believe that of me because you have seen what I've done, people I've been with, things I say, etc. But it honestly is really hard for me. I mean, everyone can act like they don't care about what people think but somewhere along the line -someone- is gonna say -somethin- that gets to them. I think I'm just now finally gettin to the point where what people say doesn't matter as much. I've been in two unconventional relationships in the past few months and I'm honestly okay with that.

I think that the people that have something about a relationship someone is in are one of a few things. Either they are jealous because they are lonely and can't find anything that could even compare or they personally wouldn't be with that person because of morals or taste. or they genuinely care about one of the parties and honestly don't think they are a good match.

But none of that matters. Because they don't have to be in the relationship. You do.
Let them turn green with envy in their isolation.
If they don't like the way he/she looks, dresses, or acts... and you do, then who cares what they think.
And if they know something about your significant other that explains why you shouldn't be with them, they should tell you. And after you're told it is still up to you what to do with that information.

This also means you can't blame anyone else but yourself in the end. Lol.

I forgot where I was goin with this. Oh well.

5 people left me some shugga!:

Anonymous said...

i just had a new thought:

long term relationships really would never survive if everyone cared about what everyone thought. shit, a lot of us probably wouldn't even have been born.

Anonymous said...

At the end of the day, it's those who are in the relationship who have to live with it. So, all of us need to choose carefully. What others say is their opinion. You have to choose whether you respect other's opinions or you don't. Who is saying what, and why are they saying it, is the question?

Anonymous said...

no one is saying anything. this article was triggered by an observation.

Anonymous said...

I know where this observation came from. "Shaking my head"

Anonymous said...

Lol What? No you don't.

I was observing a guy that works at my job that had been with his girlfriend since freshman year in college. And his friend that fully supports them even though hes hispanic and shes asian and I was just thinkin about what they would have done if they listened to their families.. cultural differences.

What did you think I was observing... "anonymous"??