Tuesday

Phaymus Synergy

Ah.
Now for my second blog.
I know I'm going to get a lot of criticism from BC students about this one.
The ongoing battle between Synergy and Phaymus.
I remember the first time I saw them perform.
[the ALC Showdown 2008]
Yo, Synergy captured my eye.
Not only were they the winners but they rocked it.
They were clean, they were creative.
And at that point I was determined to become a team member.
A few other teams caught my eye
but the one that captured it most was Phaymus.
Not only because they almost dropped a girl trying to do a human catapult but
they were good they were big, they were crazy
and their idea was also very creative.
At that point I decided, if not Synergy, Phaymus.
Now the school year has begun and I was recruited for this dumb azz Marching Band Dance Team.
The only reason I haven't quit is because I sold my season tickets to the football games and I get in free for being on the dance team.
Although I'm already a part of a team, it was cuttin it
...i wasn't gettin' my fix
i needed to MOOOVE instead of doing field ballet
so i decided to try out for Synergy.
A few friends persuaded me to try out for Phaymus.
Plus the Phaymus try out came before the Synergy tryout.
So I could get my mind back in hip hop mode.
PHAYMUS AUDITION:
Walked in and felt straigh up welcomed.
The team was cracking jokes, laughing, getting everyone loose.
They assured us that it was okay to like, mess up.
They encouraged us to ask questions
and advised us to do facial expressions and have energy.
When I explained to them that I still was trying out for Synergy,
they totally understood.
They just told me to make sure I tell them about my decision
After I found out I made it,
they still hung out with me even though I hadn't confirmed.
SYNERGY AUDITION:
Walked in and was told to sign a paper and bring it back.
The team was cracking inside jokes to everyone, distancing themselves from the people there to audition.
They told us to stretch ourselves out, we did a very very short warm up.
And once they started teaching the choreography, they had everyone be quiet
they told us to save questions til the end because they'll probably answer it.
I don't think they knew I auditioned and made Phaymus.
[I can't do both, BTW]
Monday:
Phaymus is still awaiting a decision and..
Honestly, the vibes I was getting in the Synergy audition was a total turn-off.
I felt intimidated by the people already on the team.
I felt like even if I made it, I'd still be competing against current members
I'd be afraid to mess up
...in practice
With Phaymus it felt like a phaymily [<-HAHA]
I felt as if I could get along with these people
for a long period time
and i dont like females
but i like the Phaymus Phemales.
Monday night the Synergy team lets me know I made it.
they brought there camera and entire team
they were so excited.
Now that I had made both teams I had the hardest decision of my life.
Do I choose the better team, although I won't shine as much?
Or do I choose the team that I click with, even though their reign isn't as grand?
I chose to be comfortable.
Knowing that I'm good enough to make Synergy was SUCH a great feeling but yo,
I'm just looking for my fix.. remember?
When I'm ready, and NOT on the marching band dance team,
Maybe I'll switch to Synergy.
But for now, Phaymus is what I want to do.
Now, I have to deal with mean looks from the Synergy girls.
A lot of people disagree with my decision.
And only 5 [now 4] people were added to Synergy.
And I do feel a little bad but..
College is about being Selfish.
And I had to do this for ME.

2 people left me some shugga!:

Anonymous said...

damn....dont cha hate it! torn in betwixt the to... and u really dont know what todo? lls butim glad you chose (past tense choose? idk) the team that u phelt most comfy with! girl u know ud shine anywhere u go! you throw urself into everything you do (maybe thats what makes the "gooood lovin") lls but its just ur personality that causes you to shine... ppl see you out of a crowd anywhere... its just who u are... keep that in mind whenever u feel like ppl dont/wont notice you. butyet and still everything happens for a reason and eve if u were being selfish...so what! lls I agree with you decision and i support u in all ur endeavors!

Joe D said...

mmm...good things to know for the future.