Thursday

Dance Team


So today was the Freshman Convocation
its a huge event
its the first and last time (before graduation)
that your entire class is together
and they have like a guest speaker and shit
because of this fucking BCMBDT
[Boston College Marching Band Dance Team]
I wasn't able to participate in my own Freshman Convocation
I had to watch my entire dorm dress up, look nice, take group dorm
pictures and I couldn't participate
On top of that, I had to sit with the marching band for the speaker
BEHIND the speaker
I couldn't hear a word he was saying
everybody was laughin
[apparently he was a great speaker]
funny looking red head boys with afros were asking questions
and I couldn't hear a word of it
All the Freshman on the dance team were pissed
We signed up to dance at Football Game Halftimes
Not to tag along with the marching band in their every fucking parade
and event...
its some bullshit


I must have forgotten BC was a white school when I signed up
They don't booty shake and shimmy in booty shorts like HBCUs would...
Ya girl Jazzo is pullin fuetes and tour jetes and leapin and jazz runnin
from the 10 yard line to the 50
I didn't sign up for this
And guess what I'm doin field ballet in?
I velour TURTLE NECK dress!
yes, velour.
and yes, turtle neck.
it's crampin my style.
I thought the Beatles half time show would be better.
but its worse.
We ponyin..
and doin the monkey.
yes the monkey
yes that johnny bravo shit.
lookin like a frantic 80s exercise video...
I hate it.
and the girls on the team make it worse
they get on my nerves
esp. the one with the caterpillar eyebrows
and
when everyone gets together and break rules
there's always the fucking suck ups
only 2 of them.
but they ruin it for the rest of us.
people take that wanna be ballet shit toooo seriously.

on a different note I just walked in my room to my room mate and a
fotball player playing old childhood hand games... the fuck??

ok so... I think I wanna dance for the rest of my life

you know what I love? I love when I have a connection with someone..
through movement..
[[only dancers may understand this]]
but like I can hear his heart when we are moving together
We connect
and I know he feels it too
It's a dancer thing
When we are dancing together I am his and he is mine, we synchronize
But as soon as the song is over
he's textin again
the girl who is his when the song ends..
darn.
what did I tell yall about love??
that's why imma fall in love with the moments we move together
imma fall in love with dance
cuz I can't fall in love with him
because without music, he is not mine.
I love dance.
I love dancing with him.
But I can't love him.
Does that make sense?

I'm wasting time I have Spanish homework to do.
Ima put up pics of me in that soggy ass uniform a lil later.

Until next time,
peace.
Sent from .:JaZz0:.'s T-Mobile Sidekick®

4 people left me some shugga!:

Internet Goon said...

yzr...u fixed most of the stuff out here...Jazzy Boo Boo!! BC marching band?!! get the fuck outta that shit...are they paying for school? if so then stay on it...if not then leave...plus u got phaymus which is no joke...

"When we are dancing together I am his and he is mine, we synchronize"

How you feel that way already when we haven't even danced yet?!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahah! yes girl those uniforms are butt ass ugly! u need to come up to howard and shake dat ass! lls i wasnt guna say nuthin till i read wat u had said! the unis r ugly but u look b-e-a-utiful in it! and i think i understand what u mean by connecting thru motion. we both know im not that great of a dancer but them 2 yrs with mrs. DD... i think i can infer what ur talkin about... oh and those few club scenes (me freakin) lls yeah i get it! but i still have lots more of ur blogs to read so... ctch me on the next comment!

Anonymous said...

its a dancer thing

Anonymous said...

it definitely IS a dancer thing... too many moments that I have fallen in love with and this is precisely why i love dancing!