Thursday

Courage To Know

Today, just like every Thursday, my "Courage To Know" class went on a
tour. Courage to know is an all Freshman class that is only offered
first semester that kind of takes off on it's own curriculum. In my
class we read short stories, and personality analyzations and relate
them to our life in a 3-5 page paper due each Tuesday but on
Thursdays... we tour anywhere from the classic libraries to the theatre.
Last week we toured the library which was extremely boring, the week
before that it was the theatre which was boring only because I had
already toured there, the week before that it was the historical halls
of Boston College (which was actually kinda interesting, I'm NOT gonna
lie)
Today we toured my campus' own Lynch School of Education. The Campus
Schoot tends to kids from ages 3-21 with severe disabilities. The
technology they have for them is astonishing. You can operate a computer
and control a mouse using just head movement. The majority of the
students can't speak and have very limited motor skills but they have a
staff:student ration of 2:1 aiding them. There are some major success
stories but you could tell that the employees and volunteers feel
rewarded by the most minimal progress. All I know is the Campus School
really touched my heart. I got more out of this class today then I have
since it begun. I think I'm gonna give it a chance. I do plan on
volunteering there as soon as I can.
Sent from .:JaZz0:.'s T-Mobile Sidekick®

1 people left me some shugga!:

B. Coles said...

yay! im so proud of you... yea that does sound very touching.