Monday

will i lose my dignity...

So the auditions for so you think you can dance are on thursday and I'm deciding whether or not I should audition. Then I sit here and think... what do I have to lose?
Play this as you read....


well, honestly i have my pride, my confidence, my belief in myself to lose. rejection is a bitch and i just don't know if i want to face that right now.

before i went to college, i was really into theatre, i wanted to pursue theatre in college so for a few of the schools i applied to, i went to audition for their theatre programs...
going into this auditions... of course i was nervous... i mean where i went to college was going to depend on how i did in that short five minute audition... i remember sitting in the waiting room at fordham, observing the other students around me, telling myself hmph you're better than her, you're better than him, you got this. And i did really well... until I went to the callback room and had to do it again in front of the people that actually mattered. i froze.
the words just didn't come to me. i felt horrible and still had to do my second monologue.. before i even began the first line i had already given up.

I tend to do that, give up on myself in auditions. i swear i can read peoples facial expressions and if i don't think they like me, i just... give up. i know, it's a problem.. you're supposed to give your all in auditions.

that's what i'm going to try to do.

my dance teacher told me to do this years ago. and my boyfriend wants me to do it for him. and i WANT to do it. I'm going to do it. I'm just scared...

Because I don't want to freeze like I did at my Fordham audition. And this isn't like my six flags audition, where i messed up and still got the job because of my personality because here... there are going to be good dancers from all over boston.. ugh... i just don't know..

0 people left me some shugga!: