Friday

Of Gods & Girls

Aiiight ladies n gents, time to get my first official post in here...

so i'm finally done with finals. happy as hell about that. Break has begun and i'll post a lil more often now...oh yeah shout outs to Stacey aka S.Dot aka The Rock's Finest lmfao

so as i was studying, i was throwing on some older tracks I was jammin to freshman year and came across Mr. J. Medeiros.




So, for those who ain't familiar with dude, he was part of the group, The Procussions, who've dropped 3 albums, one of which is pretty dope, called 5 Sparrows for Two Cents in 2006.



So in '07 J decided drop a solo joint called Of Gods and Girls which was freakin crazy in my eyes. That album is sooo ill! and those beats are fire! There's a lil jazzy feel to it, like Constance which is the true story about a 13 year old Filipino girl who's a victim to human trafficking and rape...serious ass story there. but some joints, like Keep Pace just go hard as hell in regards to the beat. He's what most hip hop heads would prolly call a backpacker and a conscious cat.





He sounds like Zack De La Rocha of the infamous rock group Rage Against the Machine... and matter fact, the first time i heard his voice, I actually thought my boy Zack was back in the game and rappin. I was wrong. but I was pleasantly surprised to hear Medeiros' music. Shit was like a breath of fresh air. Still is, too. This albums definitely back in my rotation.

Here are two of his videos, coincidentally, for Keep Pace and Constance...

Keep Pace




Constance


I'm big on conscious rap. I'ma post a lot of shit tho. everything.
If you wanna hear some more of his shit, hit me up...

Enjoy

1 people left me some shugga!:

Anonymous said...

where can i get the mixtape son?