Friday

you niggas want BEEF? i want a STEAK and a WEED B.

yo yo yo.

so, for my FIRST OFFICIAL BLOG ARTICLE EVERRRR i chose a topic that most recently has become a pretty interesting part of my life. ...and although i was like 199.99% sure i was gonna use this time to spit some man-hating words, i have chosen to use this time to talk about (dun dun dunnnnn)

GOSSIP.

Dictionary definition: idle talk or rumor, esp. about the personal or private affairs of others: the endless gossip about Hollywood stars.

..i personally think that's pretty true, except i would add in the fact that they're gossiping about people THEY DON'T REALLY KNOW. you wouldn't be wondering what so-and-so was doing with so-and-so last friday if you were actually friends with them because they would have told you.

when i think of gossip, i think of high school. i think of catty girls making up stories and talking about eachother having scandalous rendevous. i think of reputation-ruining-rumors and clique wars. pretty much, i think of the movie mean girls. did i gossip when i was in high school? hell to the mother fucking yeahhhh i did. freshman and sophomore year thats just about all i did. trash talking because a skill of mine. i could tear apart a girls outfit (verbally...pervs) to my best friend in seconds. did i ever make up a rumor about somebody? no, i never went thaaaat far, but i might as well have. and then junior year came, i was bogged with school work, thought i was too cool for school, and actually got a life.

..so, if i got over it junior year in high school... tell me why now, in college, gossipping & trash-talking is everywhere. and most of it's not even freshman. UPPER CLASSMAN bitties are in on this shit too.

At first I thought people gossipped about others just because they were bored. I honestly did. Their lives weren't interesting enough, so they look to others for a sense of entertainment. I mean, that's what happens with celebrities right? Bored? Buy a magazine and see what crazy shit Britney Spears got herself into this week. Done with your homework early? Turn on the E! channel and see what the stars wore on the red carpets...i personally dont find any entertainment in it, but obviously millions of people do because they is a huge fucking industry for it.

But, we're in college. We're never that bored (unless we are at home snowed in...like i am now). There's always some homework that we're putting off, some alcohol that we could be drinking, or some athlete that we could be sleeping with and then getting lied to by. So, if gossip is not a time filler, why do it? I'm sorry children, but i really don't have an answer. So, hmm, maybe this blog is pointless..but i have some examples from my own experiences thus far that might clue you in to my curiosity about the topic.

EXAMPLE ONE: "you've had a reputation of being a ho around lower for the last month."

interesting how this was said about a week after my one month anniversary with my boyfriend, hmm? mind you, this was told to me by a girl a class above me who i really don't know that well. we were at a party, and she took time out of her night to "help me out" and tell me that unspecified people believe that i've been getting it in with mad dudes. had i been in a straight mind set, i would have bitched her ass out, telling her that i've been talking with the same guy for the last four months or so, and even if i WAS getting it in with mad dudes it was none of her damn business. i honestly didn't even know her full name til about a week after. now, i can't really blame her for this as much as the people who apparently had been talking shit ... but common now. how sad must your life be if your making up shit about a sweet, wide-eyed, innocent freshman like myself? ...exactly.

EXAMPLE TWO:
him: "i heard you really be gettin' in poppin' up here" (said really suggestively)
me: "heh...i guess..what do you mean?" (awkwardly)
him: "i heard from sources that they saw you walking with two athletes"
me: "so..."

yup. this conversation actually happened. one of my good friends heard rumors that i was apparently messing with 2 football players (at the same time..like..really though?) and tried to give that fact that they saw me WALKING with them as evidence. mind you, this occured at the very,very,very beginning of the school year when i just moved in and the only other people on the fucking campus were the athletes...and the worst part about this was that people will actually BELIEVE IT! they don't know the first thing about me, so they assume "oh hey, a girl is walking with two athletes. she must be getting trained on."...like wat-da-fuck.

Alright, I'm gonna start bringing this baby to a close.
This is my FAVORITE SONG right now (well..one of the many) & it just happens to be called Gossip (lol). Lil Wayne goes SOO HARD on this song... every other line i just cant help but smile. if your one of those people who really just bumps to the beat and doesnt really listen to the lyrics, i would highly reccomend you change that for this song =]
ps. my title is from this song tooooo.




"Drag my name through the mud
I come out clean
Cast away stones
I wont even blink
A gun is not a math problem
I wont even think
Just leave you dead
like the mink under my sink"
aiight, i'm out for now.
stay classy, world.

2 people left me some shugga!:

Anonymous said...

It looks long... but it didnt take me as long as i thought to read it. lol but its a good post and ur right...ppl jus assume things off the smallest shish...
its so juvinille and sophomoric. and yeah i used to do it too... and i must admit... sometimes i take part in the listening to of the gossip...but ive never started a rumor about someone...that i know of. I mean we all listen to it sometimes... its everywhere... who can help it... but yeah... this post is the truth... good 1st one!

Anonymous said...

true true if they knew you they wouldn't gossip about you... it'd be truth lol...

maybe its not about what grade you're in... it's probably the 'life-having' quality that separates the gossipers from the non..

"you've had a reputation of being a hoe around lower for the last month"
hmm... forgive me for gossiping but... WHO THE EFF IS SHE... SHE'S SUCH A LOSER... "had i been in a straight mind set" pahaha.... hmm.

"yup this conversation actually happened" LMFAO. it's funny how the girls that are actually gettin' it in with the athletes AREN'T EVER SEEN WITH THEM IN PUBLIC pahahahaa.. effin hoes.

good article.
kudos.