Tuesday

Poetic Prestige

So im sure many of you may know, i write poetry. And I like to think that im pretty DAMN GOOD at it. But instead of posting some of my favorite poems on here i decided i will post my top 5 def jam poems. Tell me what you think about them.

5.

Kanye, Idk I just love da swagg he has on it, espicailly on the first one. But if your thinking to youself, yes the second one was bittersweet. I like this version better. "I make black history every day i dont need a month."


4.

This is prolly my second favorite on here but after watching the next two, you'll understand why it's number 4. Yes, im a sucka for love...

3.

Pat's Justice, something special here, alwayz nice to see it from the minorites view. Watching this makes it hard for me to judge others.

2.

This view on religion by Talib opens a lot of eyes and maybe very contrversialm but on that same token i dont think you should beileve everything ur told, and thats why claim to be more spiritual than religiuos.

1.

Speechless.

6 people left me some shugga!:

B. Coles said...

5.HAHAHAHA! kanye is sooo funny! very lyrically inclined! but we all knew that...i didnt know he could hold a tune tho... nice

4.Awwwww...i want that type love.. lol i like him... this is sooo sweet, and he's really funny wit it tho... and so truthfull. I LOVE IT!

3.WOW...i like him too... these are deep son... reallly deep

2.PRAISE GOD! dang...i know im gettin redundant... but I LIKE THIS ONE TOO!
and its really, idk, ironic that u should say that ur more spiritual than religious... my mother says the same thing all the time. and that is the way she brought me up, so im like that too. I mean i go to church and everything, but im just more spiritual...i didnt think a lot of ppl felt the same...

1.u got it... speechless i am...
hey...that was in your intro! "music shoots str8 to the sooul..." yeah... i caught it!

S-Diggy said...

yeooo
i love def poetry mang
Shihan is that dude
and Pat Justice definitely has one of the dopest i heard.
But the Talib joint is off "Give Em Hell" so i can't give this joint a top 5 of mine. and the first Kanye joint is off Brand New. but that shit is so dope.
and that Black Ice joint got one of my favorite lines i ever heard.
yo tell me this shit isn't great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qLOLuySpfo

this is such a dope poem
i don't think shit is dead, but still dope.

S-Diggy said...

well im not gonna blog my own shit on def poetry but im really big on it...and you got me wantin to say this
this might be my fav tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3bbpj2hX6w

he absolutely murdered it
'i wanna hear a poem where ideas kiss similes so deeply that metaphors get jealous'

yo that shit is ridiculous!!!!!!

Soul*Star said...

i love shihan. like his swag is really different. hes funny and amazingly talented... mannn i wish one day i cud be on def poetry... thatd be.. cool. :-)

o ya. s-diggy i loveeeeee steve coleman!! i was waiting for some1 to talk about him.. that poem is... iono great esp that line... its my fav .

Soul*Star said...

i love shihan. like his swag is really different. hes funny and amazingly talented... mannn i wish one day i cud be on def poetry... thatd be.. cool. :-)

o ya. s-diggy i loveeeeee steve coleman!! i was waiting for some1 to talk about him.. that poem is... iono great esp that line... its my fav .

Anonymous said...

Kanye-
i seen this joint b4...
I'm so happy he said 'get to the real poem' cuz i was like i know he's not about to rap on def POETRY jam lol...
BUT THEN HE SANG... i just want spoken word... then he rapped... again. aka... maybe i didn't like it..

Shihan-
you already know.
this joint is like my fav!!!
here are my fav quotes:
"i want a love like me thikin of you thinkin of me thinkin of you type love"
"i want a love that makes me regret how small my hands are. i mean the lines on my palms don't give me enough time to love you as long as i'd like to type love"
"i even be fantasizin about walkin out on a green light just dying to get hit by a car just so I could lose my memory, get transported to some third world country just to get treated and somehow meet up again with you so I could fall in love with you in a different language and see if it still feels the same type love"

Pat's Justice-
i really wish i could hear it cuz it looks good... his cornrows were real nice tho lol... nah i could hear it.... he talkin good shitttttt
.. love how he hit the motorcycle snap "them other nighas will make you dance but justice will make you think"

talib kweli-
i always love talibs stuff yo... but i don't think i've seen this one...this is some good shitt too yo...
wait... now i think i've seen it b4
"religion create division"

black ice-
the Lord ain't overlook y'all when he handed out his graces.. YO THAT's YOUR QUOTE... "that takes paper we don't have so nighas put they soul on collateral"...DAM DAMM DAMMNNN this nigha gettin it!
...music shoots straight to the soul its so potent... etc... another of your quotes... ignorance is bliss nighas take pride in not knowin... another one... DAMN

u right speechless