Wednesday

Food for thought (no pun intended)



Hydroxycut, slim fast, nutrasystem, jenny craig, Crevax, Weight watchers, ando many others... I have been watching a lot of tv lately and i've noticed that I see sooooooooooo many weight loss product commercials. Dont get me wrong, I know that obesity is fatal and a big problem in our society. Along with these commercials we have these TV shows like "diettrribe", "celebrity fit club", and others. But being EXTRA EXTRA skinny is unhealthy and fatal too. Even with that being said... I dont see any "Get your weight up" commercials, or any TV shows getting extra skinny people to GAIN wieght. I mean there are all these stigma's about how hard it is for "big girls" to make it in the "industry" but they do! And when that happens, all you hear is criticism! Nicole Richie has been a twig every since she meet Paris Hilton, and yeah they spectators comment on it, but young girls still aspire to be like her... which to me, jus shows how rediculous our society is. IDK tho, its jus a lil aggrivating to me. Like why do ppl aspire to be skinny? Why not jus aspire to be healthy? I know Id rather be healthy than stick thin! But what do you think?

1 people left me some shugga!:

Anonymous said...

that is completely true...