Tuesday

iNSOMNiA


so..
i can't sleep.
[this goes out to you S-Diggy]
yes, it's 4:16am.
and yes, unlike every other school in the country, we have class tomorrow..

what am i doing up?

well, you know when you want to go to sleep so bad and you close your eyes so tight that instead of falling you begin to analyze the back of your eye lids or watch that little streak of color in the midst of darkness and try to chase it with your eye... [yall know what im talking about! oh you dont? close your eyes and try it, my friend]
and then you get caught up asking yourself why the hell cant i fall asleep

and randomly begin analyzing everything that happened in your day..
for me its like.. i create an entire fantasy, about a boy i could have only seen once, imagine our lives together, and create an entire film in my head. my pre-sleep is a cinema.

sometimes i think of random things like how i always thought 'fiend' should be spelled 'phene' and 'hoax' should be spelled 'hokes' or 'hokest' or better yet how i always thought that one of my good friends B.Temkin had a 'p' in her last name.. [[tempkin]]


sometimes i think of things like how my cracking lips, stiffening hips and shaded purple fingertips are marking the beginning of a boston winter and how im not going to be attending any classes once it gets below hmm.. 30


sometimes i think of future blogs to write [[like how NOT to get a girl]] and they're always really good ideas too but they get lost on my crazy train of thought... once i start thinking theres no telling where the destination is..
Then I realize 40 minutes has passed and im like OH SHiT

WHY AM I STILL AWAKE?


So i try those little tactics people told you about when you were younger..
ahh... count sheep! thats what I'll do.
First it took me a minute to create the setting.. what kind of fence was it exactly? hmm short brown joint, iight.. but like is it daytime or night? night time.. moonlight sky.. stars above.. chu kno.. set the pre-sleep mood.

[1... 2.... 3.... 4....]

So im counting these sheep and then I'm like wait.. What are these sheep supposed to look like? I've only seen my mothers ship skin coat and them clay joints on the Sealy commercials! And what if there was an obese sheep? How the hell they expect him to get his fat ass over the fence? So in my mind there's like 15 feet helpin' this big ass sheep over the fence..

[....19....20...21]

and it hit me.

Where the hell are these sheep even coming from??
So I create a farm.. something along the lines of the joint in Animal Farm [good book, read it] I create a farmer.. I could only imagine dude off of Wallace and Gromit cuz Sealy got me in this clay mode..
So I'm back to countin sheep.

[...26 ....27 ...28 ...29]

Wait, why are these sheep leaving the farm. What's so bad about the farm that's makin' them want to leave. Cuz I remember why I moved out my house shooooot [Thanks B.Coles for takin me in lol] Then I remembered Of Mice and Men... and how Lennie liked to pet soft things.. and he didn't know his own strength.. Well maybe he was pettin the sheep and got a lil out of control when they tried to flee like Lennie and that woman.. So.. that's why the sheep are leaving.. damnit Lennie..
I MUST SAVE THE SHEEP! COUNT FASTER!!

[33 34 35 36 37 38 39..]

and now I can't sleep until all the sheep are okay...

Who came up with this horrible horrible fore sleep play?
so i googled it! Harriet Martineau 1832... wrote about it in some essay..
Fuck you Harriet Martineau for causing insomnia, concern and uncontrollable, rapid, eye movement.

I'm goin' crazy.
a lil ill-literacy oughta put me to sleep

2 people left me some shugga!:

B. Coles said...

hmmm...well u know i've been having that problem and i tried counting sheep once too... i gave up when i started trying to figure out why the singular and plural words for sheep...are the same.
and your welcome...lol

B. Coles said...

the man who sings insomnia looks like a cross btwxt coolio and charlie murphy....HAHAAAAA! tuff dang...i cant watch the videos...well the rest of them. dang it!